Thread: ABORTION!!!!!
View Single Post
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 04:08 AM       
Who threw that rock!!?

Kahljorn, yes I absolutely agree that that's the crux of the matter. With "generous" I don't really mean make everybody rich even if they do nothing; I mean don't assume that everyone is a lazy moocher when in fact they may want to work but can't, due to a number of illnesses or whatever. I think when the general attitude towards recipients of benefits is that they probably don't deserve them is when the climate of a society is taking a turn for the worse. This is probably more a matter of philosophy rather than practice.

I've never been in a situation where I haven't worked (I'm a teacher by the way) and I'm very confident that even in the direst of times I'd probably find something gainful to do with my time, as long as I'm healthy. But I know of people who really can't work, but who'd love to if they could, and who are in the process of being able to work thanks to rather extensive programmes which are probably costly in the eyes of a tax payer. One thing I do know is that they would give up the prospect of working if the government accused them of cheating and instead left them to their own devices.

I'm very interested in these questions and would love to hear more suggestions, as long as they steer clear from stoning, at least for a little while