View Single Post
stitchfan626 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 12:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
NBA Jam. Look at the dunks! Everybody who's old enough knows, the 90's were all about dunking.

Was there anything more thrilling than doing a dunk so badass that you broke the backboard? It would go into slow motion, the cameras in the crowd would start flashing, and the announcer would shout "BOOMSHAKALAKA!" as the backboard burst into a thousand little glass shards from the sheer awesomeness of summersault dunking.

Also, as it was the 90's, the players who wore the sports goggles instantly reminded me of Steve Urkel from Family Matters. This only served to enhance the entertainment value for me.

you mean like Horace Grant? because he was one of them. i still remember when the orlando magic was in the eastern conference finals in '95 and
even disney was catching magic fever. so much so that the ended up placing some huge "horace grant" style goggles on the Disney-MGM (now hollywood) studios' water tower.