Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
As for the legal issue: The Supreme Court should have never touched it. Abortion is a state issue. The Constitution doesn't say a damn thing about it.
The heart of the matter. It's pretty damn obvious that one law will never make every American happy. True, there are some die-hards in both camps that will only be happy when everyone has to live by their rules, but those folks are assholes and we don't need to cater to them.

Either side has a moral stance. The act of imposing morality of any kind upon your society is an effort made to make it better for all. If states were given back the authority to devise their own regional moralities on this issue, then, either the Pro- or Anti-Abortion states would flourish for their choices. Those states that chose the incorrect moral path, whichever that may be, would suffer for it.

You could still live in your state and get an abortion in the next state, were it to be illegal at home. That protection would fall under the Interstate Commerce Clause, which is Federal. Interested parties would surely form supply services for those in need who live in anti-abortion states, just as those people provide abortions now at no cost to those that cannot afford them.

Blah.

I agree with ProtoClown. I'm glad abortion got you guys warmed up a bit, but there is no more tired a topic of discussion.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!