View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Cheesoboy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:32 AM       
So no joke, while I just saw this movie and all of its relentless awesomeness is still fresh in my mind, I'm pretty sure that even after sleeping it off I will still deem this movie to be the best zombie comedy ever. I agree with protoclown that the cameo is quite possibly one of the most random, ridiculous, and epic of all time...not just of the horror genre.

I also liked how this movie, with all of its humor, still maintained a sense of drama (ala proto's post). Despite the ridiculousness, the movie still made it possible to identify with the characters and add depth that usually isn't bothered with. It's no Good Will Hunting or anything in that department, but compared with Shaun, which I liked but found a smidge overrated bc it seemed like they didn't know quite what type of movie they wanted it to be at points, Zombieland seemed more concise in vision.

It's also not everyday you get to see folks with quasi-solid acting chops in a horror movie period these days, not to mention a spoof. Enjoy it folks.

Here's hoping it rocks out the box office and inspires film studios to aspire to a higher quality of horror-genre these days (although it looks like a s--t storm of godawful horror movies are on the way based on the five previews before the movie).

Sorry for the long post:-(