View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:25 PM       
Two documentaries.

Punk: The Early Years - I didn't like it. Then again, I don't like anything that centers the punk universe squarely on the Sex Pistols and whatever incarnation of Vivienne Westwood's shop they happened to have footage of at the moment. It was nice seeing some concert footage, I guess. It was defnitely Anglocentric and I thought it left some really huge gaps. If it was called "British Punk: The Early Years", I might have felt differently.

Deliver Us From Evil: I liked this one a lot, but it was creepy as hell the way the priest talked about his history of child abuse/child rape as mildly as if he were reminiscing about the good old days. After being deported from the States, he is apparently wandering around Europe and reportedly still interacting with kids.