Thread: Golf talk.
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
Was this during the tournament that he lost to that Australian Ogilvy?

I think as a professional the concentration is more important.

If he was able to still play with a riot going on, not only would he be an impossibly good golfer, it would show that all the other times when there was quiet he wasn't trying as hard as he could.

Of course, I haven't seen the clip, so he might really being a big ol' bitch about it.
I actually JUST heard the clip when he first hit the shot after the click. He sounded rather whiny in it when he bellowed microseconds after impact, "not on my swing".

I still get why he was upset. Those rules are in place for a reason after all. That said, he does seem to be making an excuse though and has a convenient thing to blame now. I think there is something in the statement "it would show that all the other times when there was quiet he wasn't trying as hard as he could." Perhaps he knows this, and that is why he is so reactive about it. He would have to be so to keep up appearances.

EDIT: To your first question Pub, I believe it was during that tournament