View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:09 AM       
Okay, so to formulate this is asomething America stands for, which is after alll what you accused me of hating, that would be:

"America stands for Her Right to Defend Herself"

A little awkward, and one of our more practical goals as opposed to our most lofty, but acceptable, and for the record the first tme you said anything that even with my help can be seen as SOMETHING AMERICA STANDS FOR.

The problem? I don't hate that principle at all. I think America has EVERY right to defend herself, I think that's a good thing, and I don't hate it in the least. I do think that our current war has very little to do with defending ourselves. If I don't choose to accept your personal defenition of all words, does this mean I hate this American Principle? Are you America now? Is there something in our constitution that says I am required to agree with the sitting president, but it sure as hell isn't treason to object strenously to a war that as a MEMBER OF THIS DEMOCRACY I think is very bad for the Principle I believe AMERICA STANDS FOR.

All you are able to show is that you and I disagree. Big news! Your translation of this into the claim that I HATE WHAT AMERICA STANDS FOR borders on megalomania.

I sir, am a patriot of the highest order. You confuse a single administration for a country and your actions border on idolatry.

So far you have demonstrated:

1.) I am not as upbeat in my posts regarding America's recent policies as you'd like.
2.) I am in general too negative for your tastes.
3.) I suggested that if American Deaths and a sour economy prevented World War Three, I would find the trade acceptable. I remind you, you accept torture!
4.) You challenge one of the things I say America Stands for.

It's simple. State a principle America Stands for. Show how I hate it.