View Single Post
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Oh okay. Thereīs not that much of a grind in the first half, levels alone donīt do much for you, all they do is increase your stats slightly, itīs mostly about equipment and classes which you get by story-progression. You donīt die because youīre too weak in the first part, you die because you didnīt bring the proper stuff along that you couldīve bought in the city before.

By the way, there are relatively simple ways to get the two things that you need which are Gil and Gems.
For Gil thereīs a minigame in one of the towns, you open up your own shop and sell your stuff at insane prices to the sheepish hipsters in town
And Gems...well, thatīs what the Merchant class is for. You get more gems as loot simply by having a merchant with you and each merchant can find two more Gems per battle via Skills.
You can even exploit Bosses for Diamonds (they donīt drop elsewhere) by having a classless Character or a special accessory with you. Just dig up the goods in battle with Merchants, die, donīt lose your Gems and repeat as desired. Diamonds are needed to level up classes to their maximum level so they do come in handy.

And I love Splatterhouse. I so wanted to play that game as a kid (of course, considering where I live you can imagine it didnīt happen). Played it years later thanks to the glorious invention that is emulators but itīs not the same if you havenīt played it back in the day...still, a fun and pretty hard gameseries.
That sounds way too complicated for me lol.

I've been replaying Resident Evil 0 and I forgot how much I loved the old RE series. Why did 5 have to ruin everything?