View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 09:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
what program are you using to check the temp? maybe it is set for the wrong sensor(or one doesnt exist). In the bios it should show the right temp
No, in bios it reads at -256 C. It also reads that in all 3rd party apps because it just pulls the numbers from BIOS.

Quote:
Usually with vidoe card over clocking you will start to get artifacts when the memory is too high and the system might crash if the core is too high. If you are really concerned read around and find the average overclock for these cards and see if you are close to it.
I'm using the omega overclocker and have it set to slightly below the highest i can get without getting artifacts. Before I had it set to the highest and everything was gravy until my PC crashed hard in COV. So i set it down a bit! I have it set to kick in automatically when I start 3d applications.

So basically what you're saying is that as long as I don't see artifacts and I don't crash, my 3D card is safe?

Also, recommendations on how to fix my CPU thermal sensor? I really don't think it's strictly a BIOS issue. Though I will rip out a floppy drive and install it anyway to flash it since it has some improvements. Maybe i just have a wonky BIOS that doesn't UNDERSTAND 64 bit processors and it'll magically fix everything. Wouldn't that be nice!