View Single Post
The Almighty One
KuddWeazel is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 06:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Any time I see somebody who chooses a movie like this as their favorite, I have to ask "why?" out of sheer curiosity. What is it exactly that makes you pick Saw over all the other horror classics out there?

o.o
How many other movies can you name where carey elwes saws off his foot to the behest of the game master and still doesn't win? the thing that really sold me on this movie was it was something nobody had seen before. Yes we had seen psychopaths play games with their prey, but the head games had never been this fierce. yes, we had seen physical mutilation, but not done by the person themselves. oh, and the puppet on the trike. flat-out creepiness right there. you see, the classics will always be there. will always be classic. i will give texas chainsaw massacre (the original) and the exorcist their due. but those fears have always been there. people afraid of demons. people afraid of some object wielding crazy-man. until saw, were you ever scared of some psycho abducting you and making you play some sick game of cat and mouse meets self mutilatuion? i think not, good sir. also, jigsaw is truly a mastermind because he does not choose at random. each one was chosen for what he felt was a valid reason. a man making society better by setting an example you can't ignore. and that is why saw is my favorite movie because it goes out on that limb (albeit a very thin one) to say "society is fucked and we need drastic measures and examples to show you how much society needs change". And im spent.