View Single Post
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:18 AM        Suggestion for avatars. . .
I've noticed that many, many people have red x's where their avatars should be. This is because there is no decent image hosting site that doesn't gouge people, and because this board won't let people use geocities files with .txt extensions as avatars.

I don't know if this is an option, but I've been on other phpBB boards, and some of them have the option of letting people upload picture files for their avatars directly from their hard drives.

Yeah, it would be a strain on bandwith, or something, but you could put big restrictions on image and file size. And I'm sure most people wouldn't mind shrinking down images to small sizes so they can actually have something they want instead of looking for something small enough on other sites and hoping it doesn't turn into a red x.

It would at least cut down on all the red x's here, and there are a lot. :/
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid