View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:09 AM       
Not at all. You offered, right?

There are lots of active military on this site. You will note, I have never once said anything negative to them about their service.

I have to date only made a comment about joining up when people are full of bluster and postureing.

And, hink and Zev, naldo knows I've already adressed this question. For the benefit of people who can actually enage in discourse, I will again.

Since I think our foreign policy may well lead to WWIII, perhaps I should be in Bagdad. There are several reasons I'm not. One, I would not want to give the impression I was pro Saddam. He's loathsome and while I don't think it's anywhere near worth the cost of wporld destabalization, his removal is the only silver linning I see on this cloud. Two, it would be a purely symbollic gesture as my presence their would stop nothing, and the weight of the gesture would matter very little. Three, quite selfishly, I don't want to die, and I don't want to end up in a prison or tried for treason. I love my family and am not brave enough to die to make a point.

I think my reasons play fairly well against Naldo's stated reason; "They don't need me."