View Single Post
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Why...would you say that? What did they promise you if you lied? Power? Fame? Riches? Itīs not worth it, Nick.
I think Mad Melvin summed it up pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Melvin View Post
I thought Max Payne 3 was very good. Some annoyances here and there and the storyline was pretty lame, but the again, the original two were no masterpieces either when it comes down to the story. Let's be honest here, the point of Max Payne has always been the action. The cheesy film noir gave it a nice touch and James McCaffrey's whiskey breath monologues didn't hurt either, but the awesome gun-ballet is the main thing why people play these. And on that front, Max Payne 3 did not dissapoint. And the character was pretty much the same as before, only a bigger loser than before.

Then again, maybe you miss the the days when Max Payne storyline had class. Like the time you fight a satan worshipper in a hawaiian shirt or when you meet the Finito brothers. FINITO BROTHERS. MY GOD.
I thought the story was MUCH better than Max Payne 2 was. I play them both back to back right before it came out, and while Max Payne 1 will always have a nice big soft spot in my heart, Fall of Max Payne was pretty lame to me. Not bad, just not as much fun as the first or third.

It also made sense to me that Max would turn into a drunken slob of a person after all of that. The game did a good job of messing him up, and then straightening him out.