Thread: I remember...
View Single Post
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 04:43 PM       
Quote:
Since August of 2000, I've averaged roughly 2.17 posts per day. That's crazy. It seems like a lot to me, especially considering my long spells of not posting because I was locked up or un-registered or abroad or whatever.

You know what I remember? I-Mockery DRUNK NIGHT. Granted I just watched (16 and at home with no hookup for the booze), but it was grand. I think that was the time when a girl asked me to prom and I refused to go that year because I was antisocial, so I watched people I (still have) never met get plastered and post on the internet.

People talk about "the glory days" of I-Mockery, and I don't want to jump on that boat just for the sake of finding a reason to bitch. But something I can say is that I remember I-Mockery of like the ezboard days having a faintly intellectual quality to it. Back then the boards attracted an interesting following, many being female and most capable of orthography. A key point is the Philosophy Board--back then, it seemed like EVERYONE was involved in it. I don't remember there being any equivalents to ABCDxxx or Derrida or Preechr or El Blanco back then, as in, people who post 95% or more in the philosophy board as if the rest of the site didn't exist. (I'm not digging on those individuals, I'm just sayin') Everyone had a voice in the politics board, so everyone spoke.

Now, I feel like everyone who comes here must be doing so because they were banned for being lame on SA or Newgrounds. Somehow, the board devoted to making fun of the lonely teenage male stereotype became inundated by the lonely teenage male stereotype. No, I don't think that if Miss Emma or Agent Burdock or Jaeger S. Meisterstein came back there'd be a resurrection of the dead and a 1000 year reign of I-Mockery, but shit. I'm not anti-neophytes in general, but for the past five years I've had good reason to be anti-these-neophytes. Are there exceptions? Sure. But, oh well.

Unicorn clubs and Glory day's all the crap that some lame ass guy in pink pants would think up... James alway's wanted to be in the "Elite" group and now that he is who gives a fuck...I'm not clinging on to the fact that there might be some kind of resurection of "funny" I'm fucking funny if I'm in the mood and if you get it then great and if you don't then maybe you didn't drink enough that night and understand the pain of a forty year old man