View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 06:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MoN View Post
Hey Prot! Normally I dig some of the stuff you talk about but if you're going to do album reviews why not review the actual good ones? There's an entire back catalog of Janis Joplin, BB King and Cab Calloway records out there to write about. If this NiN garbage netted a four and a half I'd love to see what kind of rating something like Jimmi Hendrix' Are you Experienced? or Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power would net. Seriously, there's a world of jazz and blues albums out there that you could expose people too. Hell even old school soul and R&B music. Why this whiny shit? Reznor needs to have his underwear yanked up his ass and stuffed in his locker with the rest of his gothic ilk.
I reviewed this album because I happen to think it is a good one. I enjoy it. It makes my ears happy. I'm well aware that Trent Reznor is a whiny bitch, which I even mentioned in my review.

By all means, you're fully entitled to share your opinion here, and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me on every review. Hell, I'm even interested in seeing what the people who disagree with me have to say.

But keep in mind this is only my first album review. Sooner or later I'm bound to get around to something that you agree with. And there'll probably be a lot that you don't.

Music is the one section of "Weeklies" that's the most subjective, because it tends to get inside you in ways that other art doesn't necessarily do, so I imagine it's going to cause the most debating in the comment threads.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and at least elaborating on them rather than just contributing nothing by saying "NIN SUKS!!"

And I'm actually fairly ignorant about the work of Janis Joplin, BB King, and Cab Calloway, so you won't be seeing me reviewing them here anytime soon, I'm afraid.