View Single Post
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I think there are better ways to criticise self censorship then printing those comics. ie making comics about how people are being scared by muslims, instead of picture directly portraying the prophet mohammad
It's a power play, Scru. It gets the attention of every muslim, not just activist muslims and not just radical muslims. The point was to engage specifically more moderate muslims (the ones who, as it's been said in this thread, don't seem to speak out enough). It effectively gave sane and reasonable muslims something to use to seperate themselves from their foaming-at-the-mouth reactionary counterparts in the eyes of the public. It just went too far.

And...
Quote:
But if a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy.
I think this quote weighs heavily on every political activist from every religion.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women