View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
So it would be impossible? Google made it sound like a choice on their website to remain objective and to do nothing to prevent the results from coming up in such a way.

Google could have elected to drop the sites which would take the Presidential biography links and put FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE FAILURE etc. with it off.

I am not sure, I would never win an argument concerning the exact ways that Google could do it, because I donot even know what a proxy is.

But regardless, do not justify this bit of them coopearting with totalitarianis.
As Chojin said, Google is not going to alter their database because of a few instances. The keyword "failure" bringing up W's biography as its first result was completely objective; a computer algorithm can't be anything but that because that's what was on the fucking Internet.

Google is not altering their database in any way for China, either. They are merely blocking a specific set of keywords, and 99% of the Chinese already know how to circumvent the government controls through a chain of proxies longer than the cocks you swallow every night.

So before you start spouting your ignorance on yet another topic, go out and get a computer science degree so you can understand how search engines work.