Thread: Satanism
View Single Post
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
I did not dispute that there was no singular section of Scripture that gives a detailed account of Satan. I disagreed with the idea of simply just "scattered notices" when references are made all of the time in the Bible to him.
I refer you to the definitons of 'scattered' and 'notice'.

Quote:
And what difference does it make at ALL if there is no singular section of Scripture defining him? The entire Bible together describes who he is and what his objective is in the world.
It makes NO difference to me, because I'm really not that concerned with Jewish folklore these days.

Quote:
"It is FACT that no where in canonical scripture is the story of the Devil told. Have you even READ your Bible apart from selected scriptures in Sunday school?"

More importantly, why does his story even matter at all? The Bible is all about Jesus Christ anyway; the Old Testament (which prophesies his birth and his death and why he would die) as well as the New Testament (which gives the account of his teachings and his return to reclaim the Earth).
I'll take that as a "no".

It's important because the story of the Devil is as relevant to
Christianity as the story of Creation, of the Flood, or any other piece of the the Bible that wasn't "all about Jesus Christ anyway". The reason there is no singular canonical story of the Devil, is because there are multiple apocraphyl stories. One of the more popular ones being the "fallen angel" story you referenced (as though you knew fuck all what you were talking about) much earlier in this thread.