View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
It has nothing to do with me. I'm not the reason why you think a cartoon of your prophet, exalted by your god, can tarnish his image.

I read a blog where a young Muslim went to his Imam and asked him to speak out against these idiots. Maybe if moderate Muslims became as outspoken as the non-Muslims, and stopped taking this as intolerance for your people, things would change. The problem I see, is even Moderates are against the religious reforms that every other major religion has gone through.
Yeah ok so any criticism of Islam should go by uncommented on..

"Yeah guys the prophet mohammad was a terrorist"

"That's pretty unfounded and I'll go one step further and call you stupid"

"Hey asshole, if you were really secure in your beliefs you wouldn't care what I say, and if you were a truly progressive muslim you wouldn't criticize me, you would go pull on a cape and fly across the world to fix all of the middle east."

"tousche"

See the thing is that I am more offended by the Muslim response to the situation and I have admitted it time and time again. But I don't support the cartoons which you want me to. When you bring up the topic of the cartoons being offensive. THEY ARE. tell me that I'm wrapping myself up in dogma and inconsequential doctrines of Islam, I don't care. I'm not gonna list the different times I spoke up against how many times I told my friends that the whole situation was a disgrace to Muslims around the world, because I don't need to tell you. You already know how I feel, on the subject..

I also said that the situation at hand is not a problem that I believe can be solved by religious reform seeing as how I have stated that this is a problem with people being hyper-sensitive to religious taboos. What religious reforms can I promote: Should we allow depiction of the Prophet Mohammad and Allah? what religious change other than that would make any difference in what these psychos are doing? Will my speaking out change the minds of middle easterners who probably hate me as much as any other person in the west?