View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
The interpretation i lean toward is that Ahmadinejad was saying that the Israeli Regime is acting in a way that will bring about it's own demise.
No. I'm sorry, but no. That's wishful thinking, pure and simple. The quote is, according to your article, "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

"Must". Not "Will eventually and inevitably". But "Must".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
regarding the holocaust denial stuff,(crap i didn't want to sidetrack on this but) there are similar mistranslations, yes, duke was allowed to speak and denials were present and quoteable, but i'm with those that say that the holocaust numbers are exaggerated for political reasons. the problem is that if one says no, not 6million but 4million get lumped into a 'denial' conspiracy which is utter bull..
Except that the "exaggerated" theory is rarely the ONLY theory these people have on the subject. Also, when anyone goes to a convention where David Duke pats them on the back, they forgo their right to bitch about people's immediate perceptions.

EDIT: Dammit, my shit is always too late.