View Single Post
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM       
hello. I just heard all your songs. Good recording quality, which is a good place to start. Now to the songs:

white fool - nice tricks. Why do they have to be played twice in the row? The electronics can get a bit intrusive. Stable playing. The bass does nothing/is somewhat buried in the mix. There's not much distortion on the guitars, so kick the bass up a lot to make it more distinctive.

drowning in fire - the distorted guitars are muddy. More definition and treble. They're just 'there' right now. Your guitarist(s) can play. I like the hooks. The vocals are also somewhat just 'there' right now. I guess somebody else might like them more. Again, why do you have to compose in ABCABC-whatever all the time? break up the 'seams' of the music, make it flow more, don't just repeat stuff so you hit your 5 minutes. Nice dynamics in the middle breakdown. Your singer's a pussy, don't get him to 'shout'. He doesn't mean a fucking word. He hasn't come close to one real emotion in his life and is a heartless automation. Don't make him scream.

The Loveless - stop shouting, jerk. The 'angry' parts in the music seem somewhat less artifical here, and the bass line is neat. Shut up, guy. You're not feeling a thing. Stop shouting. Stop that shit. You're a girl. Nice riff. Again, ABCABCwhatever. This is silly. Mix shit up more. Again, the playing is mostly consistent and some bits are kickin'. Again, nice quiet middle, but now it's gotten a bit predicable to expect the dynamic alteration in the middle of the song.

The Interpolaration - the female can shut the fuck up.