View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 01:13 PM        What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Talking down the president on forign soil at a time of war is Un-American. .

Why does the freedom to criticize our leaders end with the start of a war? Bush isn't God. He is a human being and he can make mistakes, mistakes that could be globally catastrophic. I'm sure he means well, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

And what is wrong with pointing out the negative aspects of our nation? Pointing out a problem is the first step to fixing it. Why must we sing the praises of America on this board? It accomplishes nothing.
And furthermore, if we limit free speech because of the war on terror (which is nothing more than a metaphor, like the war on drugs, the war on poverty, etc), then we are doing exactly what the terrorists want: giving into fear.

"Those who are willing to trade away their freedom for saftey deserve neither freedom nor saftey."-Benjamin Franklin

If a liberal president was currently in office, would you, a conservative, still agree that we must not criticize our leaders during time of war?

And furthermore, simply because I oppose the war doesn't mean that I think we should do nothing about Iraq. Bush makes it sound as though we have only the choices of 1. war or 2. nothing. He has not considered other options.