View Single Post

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:17 PM       
Where to begin...

I guess to start with the Dixie Chick's statement over in Europe about President Bush. Now, this comment is within her rights of free speech to say it. She can pretty much say whatever she wants, as long as it does not constitute a threat against someone (and for that reason Hyde of the Pretenders needs a nice open-handed pimp slamp). But the comment shows her intelligence, however. Not necessarly in political affairs, but in the realm of common sence when it comes to her job.

Country music is mostly conserative, "fly over" country based, and Christian. To come out and say something about a EXTREMELY popular in a FOREGIN country is career suicide. So no wonder she is getting a bunch of crap. That is the PRICE and RESPONSABILITY of free speech, which it seems a LOT of people can't comprehend. The Bill of Rights protects your rights, not your feelings.

Now, if this was a rock band doing this, the tide would be split. The younger, "sheeple" kids would believe anything a band like RATM or SOAD or any of the punk bands say because they label themselves as "outsiders" and "misunderstood". Now, these young kids don't know shit about politics, so they just go by what the celeberity says. The Cult of Celeberty at work. The older fans actually know most of these guys are full of shit, and would disagree with them. Once again free speech at work.

But to really tie it in, Free Speech is great. I am glad I am blessed to live in a country that never has been truly oppressed. I have friends and know of people that have lived under the foot of China, the U.S.S.R., N. Korea, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Zimbawae, and the other opressive countries. Now, to anyone that truly believes we are in some kind of horrible police state, especially these protestors and these whiners that just hate Bush because he is "Hitler", know this: I have sat down and spoke to Holocaust survivors and my grandfather helped liberate a concentration camp. If they had the strength, they would probably like nothing more than to knock your teeth through your asshole with their fist.

And to answer the about the protestors being under a different group without going on for too long: The World Workers Party has been seen and documented as supporting and funding International ANSWER. The World Workers Party is a Communist front. That has been documented. And frankly, I wouldn't piss on a WWP member if he/she/it was on fire.