View Single Post
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 03:29 AM       
I almost got Twisted Metal: Black today. This kid came in and was gonna sell it, but he was only gonna get a buck so he decided to keep it.

more chronicals of the game store.

So i was playing Need for Speed Carbon (yeah, that "no game" rule lasted for about 16 hours before my boss broke down) when this kid who had to be like 8 came in. He walked up to me and offered his SP to me saying only, "fix it" I turned it on and across the screen was a huge crack with that weird black splotch that comes when you break LCDs. I told him that there was no way i could fix it and that he was gonna have to buy a new one. He took it and without a word left.

The next day he returned with his mom in tow. She began yelling saying that i was trying to rip off her son and that i didnt treat him with respect the other day. Aparently she bought a service contract with the system. I explained that the son said 2 words the entire time he was in the store and she started to lighten up. I told her that i needed the original recipt and all that jazz that comes with a return. It wasnt till after they left that i realized that kind of damage isnt covered in our warranty.

I was expecting her to have a fit when she came back. But before i could tell her what happened she told me that the kid had actually stepped on the SP and lied to his mom about it. She apologized about how she yelled at me and made her son apologize as well. So it ended pretty well.

also a kid traded in like 100 bucks in games towards a 360 and his dad called me up and yelled at me about it. He was really mad. and now we have to return all the games for cash. and now we have to get parent concent on all trade ins. OH BOY