View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
Everyone is always bitching at sony saying they're going to fail etc.
But I'll bet that in 1 years time the PS3 will be selling in huge numbers and Sony will be laughing their stinking rich arses off at all the nay-sayers.
Sony is having financial troubles. As in, if the PS3 doesn't sell, their gaming department goes under. Couple that with the fact that the system costs twice as much as they are selling it for per unit, and you don't have a very good future in store.

Also, Blue Ray may be nice, but nobody needs it yet, and most people can't use it yet, anyway. It will be at least 5 years before Blue Ray becomes the standard , because you need more than just the player to experience it. You also need a friggin' expensive TV for it to make any real difference. 5 years is the basic life span of a gaming console. By the time Blue Ray is standard, people will be leaving PS3 for newer, greener pastures, and Sony will not have a backup plan, because they are banking on this machine to double the current console life (a rediculous idea to begin with).

So, you can have your PS3. While you're waiting for games and movies to come down from their initial 70-80 dollar price tag, the rest of us will be playing our games on the TV's we already have, and having a damn good time doing it.