View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 06:35 PM       
Noob3's comment on Blu-Ray is my main reason for thinking it will not be a successful medium. I would assume that Noob represents the standard consumer here. Most of us know what Blu-Ray is, but the average consumer doesn't, and doesn't give a crap. All they know is that, to maximize the effect of the Blu-Ray, one needs to have a 1080p HD TV, and those are not cheap. It's an extra expense that, personally, I think Sony should have waited until the NEXT generation to throw in there, if at all. DVDs work. The consumer will see HD DVD next to Blu-Ray, and will think "Blu-Ray? What the fuck is that? Oh, HD DVD. I know DVDs, and HD is good, right? I'll buy that!"

Not that Blu-Ray isn't good, but it's unneccesary in this console generation, and is adding to the already high price of the PS3. That, and at launch, it has 0 compelling games (for me at least) makes me think that I will wait on Sony through this generation, then pick up the 3 whenever they decide it was a bad idea and work on 4.