Thread: Science!
View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
That said, [coolsterino] did touch (inadvertently I do not doubt) on something I do take issue with. Cap and trade tax (or penalties).
Ah, but he was the only one bringing it up, tacitly assuming he was the ONLY ONE who was against "cap-and-trade".

Not true.

But he never listened, or stayed around long enough to find out.

That being said, there is still hefty debate going on in the scientific community on anthrpogenic climate change - man's contribution to the global carbon cycle - and that is still a matter of some disagreement. Most of the climatologists believe there is a tipping point above which the balance of carbon will drastically shift, bringing about a drastic change in the average global temperature. That still remains to be seen; the world is a complex place.

I just think we should limit the production of greenhouse gases to lessen the impact hiumans have on the global environment, and to reduce dependence on fossil fuels. I think that makes good economic and environmental sense.
You may already be there.