Thread: Science!
View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 08:37 PM       
Col, you've lived longer than I have and know far more than I do, so maybe you can answer this - what's with the anti-science attitude there seems to be in America? I know we used to kick ass in that arena some time ago, but is it just recently, (or seemingly recently), that the interest and funding for AMAZING THINGS has fallen by the wayside, or is it something that you've seen coming for a while? Because in the short time I've been alive, people seemed to be impressed less and less by AMAZING SCIENCE THINGS. Either that, or I've just become more excited as I got older - I can't imagine a life without being amazed at EVERYTHING IN OUR UNIVERSE.

NASA's funding being cut is really disheartening, and it's even more so when I think about all the other projects that I'll never hear about for the same reasons.