View Single Post
Fookin' up planets!
Captain PirateFace is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM       
Hell yes! Run that bitch down...

And as far as what our "Classic rock lovin', can't stand all those "wussies' who hate real music and dislike the stuff they rarely even play on the classic rock station" D-Mon. It's nice to see you "dehumanize" a groups fans all due to your dislike for the material of the band and of course the fans so called fashion sense (though I know a whole slew of us that do not A) wear nail polish and "Gothic" clothing and B) don't cry themselves to sleep every night... except me, but I do so for a whole different reason... I am married.) And it's rad to see you have so much dislike only for the more "Sensitive" fan's as the ones who use the band as an outlet or express themselves through poetry and (although too much for me) gothic dress... Damn dude... You know what? your right! We should just throw all those Trent Reznor fans in a big old camp where they could like... "concentrate" on their taste in crappy music, and at some point march them right into the showers and just be rid of the whole lot of em'."

Oh and you may not think the man is a musical genius but let me give you these few tidbits to wrap your head around:

1. Oliver Stone heard his stuff and had to work with him, handing over what had been at the time the entire soundtrack duties for one of the most controversial film's he had done in years... "Natural Born Killers".

2. David Lynch, Felt same way about working with "No Talent Reznor" and handed over soundtrack duties for "Lost Highway".

3. ID Entertainment stepped up gaming ambiance and music when they collaborated with Reznor and had him design the entire soundscape to the original and very spooky (due mostly to the music) "Quake".

4. Everyone who has worked with him in some for or another has had quite the musical background in their own right...
David Bowie (Whose career was re-vitalized by touring with the Nails), Peter Murphy of Bauhaus fame, Aphex Twin, Ice Cube, Megadeath, Johnny Cash (Who takes the classic's of Joplin, Calloway and BB King and say's "Fuck you I am the man in black"), Marilyn Manson, Pop Will Eat Itself (And their former lead singer "Clint Mansell" whom if you look him up has done some extremely gratifying work on many decent soundtracks.), Puff Daddy, Notorious B.I.G. and Busta Rhymes, and before her death Aaliyah (Whom they were collaborating on doing a whole album together), Upcoming Political Hip-hop freestylist Saul Williams, David Bowie compared NIN's impact to that of The Velvet Underground.In 1997, Reznor appeared in Time magazine's list of the year's most influential people, and Spin magazine described him as "the most vital artist in music." Bob Ezrin, producer for Pink Floyd, Kiss, Alice Cooper, and Peter Gabriel, described Reznor in 2007 as a "true visionary" and advised aspiring artists to take note of his no-compromise attitude. The Year Zero concept has included a remix album, an alternate reality game, and a potential television or film project. Just to name a few...

And here is a bonus short from Rolling Stone.com

We wondered what repercussions Radiohead’s In Rainbows independently released, pay-what-you-want maneuver would have on the record industry. Let this serve as Exhibit A: After years of disagreeing and downright bad-mouthing his record label, Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor has finally been cut free contractually from Universal Music Group, allowing him to reach his avid fanbase as an artistic free agent. Recently, Reznor attacked how his record label boosted the price on Year Zero CDs in the foreign market, telling fans during a concert to just download his music illegally, a move that likely foreshadowed the fallout. Reznor posted on the official NIN blog today that after eighteen years of being signed to a label, it gives him “great pleasure to be able to finally have a direct relationship with the audience as I see fit.” Reznor also told fans to “look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008.” Will we see the sequel to Year Zero (and the resurrection of its alternate reality game?) The real question now is, who will be the next artist to follow Thom Yorke and Trent Reznor down this new, unbeaten path?

So that's all I got to say...

So now I am gonna go take a bath in the dark with a few lit candles while applying some black nail polish, get dressed in my favorite "Goth" outfit and write some depressing poetry... all while listening to Cab Calloway of course.