View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM       
OK.

Hoo boy. Pent, buddy, you have done me a great honor, and have given me perhaps the toughest actor yet to do in this game.

I have been graced with perhaps the greatest actress in the history of film - Katharine Hepburn.

Oh my, my, my. Where do I begin.

A Katharine Hepburn Movie I Love: This is a very VERY difficult choice, but I'm going with Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, since it also features two of my other favorite actors of the era, Spencer Tracy and Sidney Poitier. It also tackled, at the time, a very intriguing social dilemma - what happens to a middle class American family when the daughter brings home, as her fiancé, someone who is acceptable in every way except one - skin color. And the movie was made in 1967, one year before the death of Martin Luther King Jr.

A Katharine Hepburn Movie I Like: On Golden Pond - A sentimental favorite since it includes an ailing Henry Fonda (who passed away within a year after receiving his "real" Oscar) giving the performance of his career. THe subject matter was a bit too sentimental (if you know what I mean) for my tastes, which is why it's only a "like".

A Katharine Hepburn (TV) Movie I Hate: Mrs. Delafield Wants to Marry. Why in the name of all that is holy did anyone think this was a good idea?

The many many Honorable Mentions: The African Queen; The Philadelphia Story; Suddenly, Last Summer; Adam's Rib; Woman of the Year -the list is long and lush. If any of you have the urge to see an old movie, google her filmography and just randomly pick one. You shouldn't be disappointed. Just do me a favor and see them in Black and White first. :Ih8colorizing
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 25th, 2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: FU Imagepolice. >: