View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
It's called the artist's style. It's fine if you don't like it. Most artists have a style that they stick to.
Actually most artists grow and refine their style and experiment with new ideas so that they don't stagnate. I say this as an illustrator, and as someone whose seen other artists grow and evolve :X

Quote:
And, yes, you can easily say if you don't like old school console rpg formulas that are ever present in the Dragon Quest series then you don't quite appreciate the tradition of them. You basically said it there yourself while stating Final Fantasy... which is one of the worst examples of a series being a series known to man.
Yea, it's so horrible. No one buys them. Wait fuck.

Quote:
There isn't better alternatives. There are just alternatives. To each their own when it comes to what you like. I like how you defend a point by basically stating you don't like it again...
And you just stating there's something wrong with me again. Hooray for fallacies!
If you like it, man, then that's your thing. I just don't see how they can appeal to people. We'll see if they can finally penetrate the US market this time, though judging by the series' track record here, it probably won't reach the sales they had in Japan

Quote:
I see a pattern here. They don't really do anything new, they just took a basic formula and changed what drives said formula
Which is a fair assessment, but to be fair, that's more than I can say for DQ1-8.