View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 06:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
The one thing I don´t like about oldschool JRPGs is that you get everything just from leveling.
I´m not a big fan of "you´ll get Heal2 at level 16", I wanna customize my stuff and modify my loadout according to the situation I´m in, one of the reasons I prefer FF7s Materia System over about anything else the series has done since then...
And I am aware that you get certain Materias at certain points of the story wich is kind of like normal leveling but it still makes a difference to me.
But DQ9 (and DQ3 for that matter) is completely customizable. You want a wizard with a shield and boomerang? You can make it. You want a warrior who can steal? Done. You want a ranger that can buff everyone and cast nukes. Go for it. A martial artist who can heal? No problem. And any combination you can think of in between. The world is your customizable oyster. And you can easily change what you need on the fly. And if you like the materia system, you should like this. In essence, it is the same time sink, just different ways to do the same thing.