View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM       
I don´t think Blood Money is a good comparison to Dishonored, they play totally different, their focus is different too.

Blood Money is the better Assassin-game of course, but then again, Dishonored is more like Thief, crossbred with Deus Ex and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

To me, the game would be pretty bad if you couldn´t teleport, it´s the defining move in the game. The thing that kinda breaks it for me is nightvision, or should I call it by its real name: Detective Vision, because that´s what it is. Get it, turn it on, never turn it off, see where everybody is, all the time. If you could only get two powers, those would be it, you don´t need any other feature in the game as it seems.

I´m also suprised how many ways to kill Corvo has when he´s cleary not supposed to kill anyone (it´s not as blatantly obvious as in Deus Ex but it rewards you for playing like that so in my book, that´s the preferable way to play the game).
I´m actually planning on doing a "kill everyone"-Playthrough with this, so basically the feeling is reverted with this game, as I would normally try not to kill anyone but that´s the way you play the game by default, at least I do. Sure, I HAVE killed enemies but...maybe 5 in the whole game so far and just because I was too lazy to load.