View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
What's black pudding?
Now that I look it up, it's apparently the exact same thing as blood sausage (which I like), not at all what I thought it was... some years ago I was served something called "black pudding" at a self-styled 'Brazilian' restaurant run by first generation Italian Americans and their parents. I always took them at their word that it was black pudding, but according to a cursory search on Wikipedia it was NOT. God only knows what it was.

Which is horrifying, because the gritty lump of substance that I was served in that restaurant definitely had blood as an ingredient. It was served alongside this giant platter with a wide meat selection and sheep's brains, all of which were fucking delicious; though I'm still not sure how the restaurant qualified as "Brazilian".

And now I notice that somehow I've gotten close to the actual conversation topic.

What the fuck?