View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 04:13 PM       
Is I-mockery loading really fucking slow today, or is it just me?

"Fair enough, but what DO you think accounts for the Museums and libraries being looted, beyond the possability they might be worth something?"

Well, I admit sometimes my view of reality is overly simplified, but I think you just summed it up. It doesn't look to me like the actions of thinking people. I think they imagined easy wealth lying within, and decided to take it. I don't think they gave any thought to who would buy it, or how, or whether it could even BE sold. It has all the earmarks of desperate action.

"Is this such a bizarre unpredictable event that even once it started was far too mindboggling to try to do anything about?"

Well, be honest Burbank. You work in a museum right? You're of above average intellegence, I'm sure you talk with your fellow curators (sp?), and I'm sure the topic of What If The Museum Get Bombed or Destroyed By The US or Saddam came up. . .Did you ever think they would be ravaged by the civilian Iraqi's though?

It was mindboggling even before it happened. The very idea is insane, and the fact that they were this desperate only reinforces the idea that we were right to insist on a regime change - As illegal and amoral as the idea is in my opinion.