View Single Post
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I love how all the money in the world is poured into making people aware of breast cancer, yet I'd wager that not a tenth of that amount would go to actual research.
Finally someone else gets it. My aunt has been all about pink ribbon shit since my mom got BC in 2000.

I just want to tell her that it would be a much better idea for her to just write a fucking check to the ACS instead of buying pink ribbon notebooks and pink ribbon sweaters and pink ribbon car magnets and pink ribbon pens and pink ribbon fucking dildos.

Especially because she's a raging bitch. One time while visiting with my parents at our other house, she was talking about some piece of decor and she said "I get this when you're gone." She said that shit, to my mom's face. She said that to a terminally ill person. My mom just said "well shit, I ain't dead yet!"

This is also the woman who, when my grandmother died, lumped all of her stuff together (including old books, clothes, and fucking photographs) to throw away.