View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Actually though, I think I can play this game on my own terms, and "compete" with end-game raider faggots just fine. The expansion is going to obsolesce every thing in game right now, and if you don't believe that, then you don't know shit about MMOs.

Typical casual player talk, making big claims about how the expansion is going to be the magic bullet which evens the playing field for everyone. If you don't understand that in every single MMO, the people who play the most get the most, it's you that are deluding yourself.

Raiders won't have to worry about who gets what because they'll just keep running the instance until them and all of their friends have everything they want... meanwhile, the casuals will run it once, claim it's too hard or get bored or whatever, and in a month or two, they will be spamming General chat crying about not being able to find a group.

You're looking at the mechanics of the game, but those are such a small part of the equation, you can ignore it completely. More time spent = stronger character.