View Single Post
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 09:04 PM       
rye rye rye rye rye and ginger. pressed. lotsa ice and a wedge o lime. You really have to press it pretty good, basically equal parts water and ginger ale. Drinking any kind of mixed drink that's just booze and pop just tastes way too sweet to me now. I don't get how people do it.
A Texas Mickey of Canadian Club is Christmas Classic for sure, but if I want to drink something good it'll usually be Alberta Springs 10 yr. Or Alberta Premium, which is cheap, but absolutely rye-licious. For scotch, I've tried quite a few but I still basically like the basic Glenfiddich the best. I can't really get behind those Islay malts, I like a bit of peatiness, but I dunno about a lot of smokiness. A bit of bourbon can be awesome too sometimes, makers mark is good a really good one. I dunno about irish whiskey though, I just don't get it, it's like, not as flavourful as scotch (so it seems to me) but it doesn't seem right to mix it either. What is the reccomended way of drinking irish whiskey anyway?
Red wine is good, definitely merlot and shiraz in general for me, but I don't know much about it really. The best wine I've had was probably this Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon blend though. It tasted mostly pretty shiraz-y. Also, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum=high school drink 4 sure. For rum I'm about the Havannah Club, usually drunk as a basic mojito, made with mojito mix instead of all the complicated fixins. Beats coke anyway.
For beer I tend to drink from a local brewery called Big Rock that makes a great English Brown Ale called Traditional, and a good wheat ale called Grasshopper. Or Pilsner or Old Miluawkee if I'm being cheap.