View Single Post
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM       
The Misfits weren't 'hardcore', which is why they weren't featured in that doc. I don't think you can really put them in any documentary that isn't a THE MISFITS: THE MISDOCUMENTARY because there is so much shit going on with that band that you couldn't get just a blurb from anyone anyway, except for Doyle because I don't think he knows how to talk. Thank Ian McKaye for making hardcore that fruity straight-edge shit. I hate that guy so much that if hate was people I'd be China.

The problem with GG lies in the fact that he was not immortal. When he was alive it was horrifying and scared away the pretenders but as soon as he died and that good 10 year buffer passed all these joker 15 year old kids who need a new name to drop because their mom knows more about Sid Vicious than they do come out of the fucking cracks. He becomes what he was trying to destroy. If as soon as he was in the ground everyone burned all of his records and never spoke of him again except in dark closets and secret clubs that held listening parties where everyone drank whiskey and kicked each other in the mouth with motorcycle boots it would be fine, but this isn't a perfect world and there are terrible assholes running around.