View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 09:03 AM       
I wont be able to reply to your post for a few days.

One thing stuck out though:

Quote:
Even under Marxist terms, the Jews have always been a nation
Under Marxist terms, the Jews have not "always been a nation".

In Marxist terms a nation is a historically constituted, stable community of people formed on the basis of a common language, territory, economic life, and psychological make-up manifested in a common culture.

None of these above characteristics by istself is sufficient to constitute a nation. If you can show me that world Jewry contains all the above, then I will take back what I said about Jews not being a nation. Until then, not only are Jews not a nation (it sounds absurd, and it is absurd) but they can not have "always been a nation". You try to state that it is "under Marxist terms" that Jews are a nation, but you are incorrect, since these very terms classify that a "nation" is not merely a category of the characteristics already pointed out, but a category that belongs to a definite epoch - the epoch of rising capitalism. The process of eliminating feudalism and developing capitalism is also the process that drags peoples into nations.