View Single Post
hot Kukuro is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 11:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

Ok, then what did you REALLY mean, before the i-mock spin docs got hold of your words and twisted them for their own despicable amusement?

Meh, it almost seems as though it'd fall on deaf ears. I dunno, maybe I didn't word it right or somethin', but I definitely didn't expect this psychoanalytical, scrutinizing, feverish stone-chucking based on shit I observed and just spat out in a minute to explore for fun and discussion- especially since I know i-mock writers/readers are my age or older and prolly encounter this daily. I seem to just have overestimated the forum base as per the batshit crazy reception I've gotten. I guess that'll teach me for finding a site intelligent and hilarious

But basically, I guess it's not so much the subject matter, but people in general. The 80's stuff was just another example, like a catalyst for me to
wonder out loud, ya know? In this case, I was referring to the old stuff you'd remember before it disappeared, was re-vamped, recalled, etc.: The french-fry eating doll, old games, shows VERY hard to find nowadays, classic arcades, all the crap you can remember as a child...

today, kids are all about electronic shit, and spend a lot of time on sites where you see a really retro fad: all kinds of galleries, articles, and such on that crap we grew up with. Now, it's not just the websites, even in conversation, you'll go over every detail on these old things that simply aren't around anymore. But, like with a lot of subjects, you get these people, mostly kids, that want in on the convo.

At that point, it's about trying to fit in or get involved on the new fad, what's cool, what's coming back in a new form - except it's like when anyone tries to discuss crap they don't know about, it gets annoying and sad. Billy talks about how this game is cool, but how would he know, he's only seen a commercial for it... Jennie says she hopes X doll comes back cuz she "so" remembers it from her childhood, but really, she doeesn't, cuz it was pulled from the market X years before she was born.

You probably have to expect encountering peeps like that, especially if something's featured on a site, but it gets worse. Some guy will point these things out to them, and they come up with the most retarded shit excuses for how it isn't the case when it comes to them. Seriously, a toy could be eliminated from the market due to the factory being nuked, with only 2 items left to tell the tale to anyone rich enough to nab one via collector - and the very kid you're talking to or chatting with online will swear they were one of them.

At that point, it's not just about reminiscences, or even liars. It becomes more about insult and having a good memory ruined.