View Single Post
Forum Virgin
srubia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 01:00 PM       
I signed up just to post this, BTW.... stumbled across this site while looking up FM's Robocop and have loved most every other article in the series, hope you do some more soon.

I just watched "Robocop 2", and it wasn't as bad as I remembered. Aside from the main whole in the plot -- how anyone in their right mind would think the major drug kingpin for the city would make a good test subject is beyond me -- I think it holds up pretty good, maintaining some of the biting satire from the first while delivering action that is a step up from the previous installment. A number of times while watching this movie and smiling at some of the jabs at corporate America (or just generally the concept of privatizing the police force), I thought to myself "I wonder just how much of Frank Miller's script made it into the movie?" I assumed the high-minded ideas were his.... and how WRONG I was in that assumption. How brutally stupid in both concept and execution. I thought for sure the drug-kingpin-as-Robocop-2 was the height of ridiculousness, but then I come across the corporate chick taking over the robot body? Too much, waaaayyy too much. I had the same problem with the artwork you had, though it makes the book look more fun than it actually is. Wow, I hate myself for reading this.... at least I downloaded it rather than go out and BUY the damn thing!