View Single Post
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM       
For the record I actually did enjoy Catcher in the Rye when I read it, but that was over 10 years ago and I don't remember a lot of it anymore. Plus, I was a dumb high school kid so I was definitely the target demographic. I'm pretty sure I would still like it though if I read it again.

I think the real importance of the book comes not from the story itself but the controversy surrounding it. It contains stuff that some deem inappropriate to be assigned reading in schools, some schools taught it anyway, teachers/schools got in trouble, etc. The book is important in its infamy and it's always brought up as a good example in the history of censorship. The story itself is nothing too special from a literary perspective, I don't think.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog