View Single Post

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 01:09 AM       
They where good untill Americana.

I liked The Offspring. Demons, Beheaded, Kill the President, Jennifer Lost The War, Tehran, its all just great angry stuff.

ignition I dont have yet, but if Dirty Magic is any indicator.... i'll have to pick it up.

and smash is what got me into it in the first place. theres so much good stuff on this album. Simple music sure, but thats what makes it great. Sure keep em seperated, self esteem and such is getting a little old now for me, but it was good in its time.

I also like most of ixnay on the hombre, though you can tell its starting to lag behind the earlier stuff now.

Americana and Conspiracy of One is where it all went to shit.

Granted both albums have a few awesome tracks that I really like , they also have several tracks that just suck ass , and guess what, those are the ones they released as singles what the fuck where they thinking!

And the problem is that those ones that suck , SUCK so much that they ruin everything else on those two albums , and make you want to hate everything the offspring have ever done.

Somewhere between Pretty Fly(for a white guy), Why Dont you Get a Job, and Original Prankster it all went to hell , and as a result its no wonder people who used to love them hate them with a passion now.

My friend who got me into smash back in 1995ish now hates them too.

So, I would rather skip the bad tracks and enjoy the rest of their music than simply say "The offspring suck", and its worked out well for me.

I've never seen them live and I doubt I ever will, but I can see how they probably wouldnt be very good. I'm not holding out for a live show or anything so I dont care.

Thats my daily rant, complete with semi- excessive emoticon use. :P