Thread: Comics
View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:57 AM       
I've actually never heard of the Invisibles, I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
I could also recommend some Japanese comic books, or Manga . . . Ichi the Killer by Hideo Yamamoto, way better than the movie in my opinion. Don't know if it has been officially translated. Then there's Battle Angel Alita, which does have an official English edition which has had the images reversed so . . .
Since you can get them free without having to download them, and it looks like webcomics may actually be a half-decent starting platform for artists atm, I've actually read a lot of manga, since they're primarily black and white and I like to see how they resolve visual problems.

HATE HATE HATE manga ten times more than western comics. Fucking hate them with a vengeance, fucking hate their stories with a fury, fucking hate them more than Frank Miller's worthless ass ("TRY SIN CITY RHYS, IT'S AWESOME. TRUST US, YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO LIKE IT CAUSE YOU LIKE VIOLENT STUFF. WELL? WAIT, WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU THINK IT'S STUPID EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE MARV STORY, MILLER'S THE GREATEST THING EVER, SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN AND WE CAN'T HELP YOU").

Except for Vagabond. Vagabond is amazing. And as far as X-men goes, I've actually read every storyline ever on wikipedia Wasn't particularly interested in anything other than Omega Red and the Hellfire Club, though