Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I liked Mystic Quest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahvi View Post

Like it or not, Mystic Quest is a Final Fantasy, and after FFIV most gamers (Myself included) were expecting the next one to be just as good or better.
Sure, it was supposed to be an RPG for beginners but they overdid it.

I don’t remember the music though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Is Mystic Quest the one that was made for kids to be introduced to RPG's?
Oh yeah, but I dug it. It's nothing too impressive but it works on a number of levels. I remember playing it and enjoying the simplicity of it. I think it's one of the few RPGs that I actually liked playing over and over. Not challenging, but fun as all hell.

[quote=Kenster102.5;520229]1. True Crime: New York City (XBOX) - So fucking glitchy, it was rushed out of development, and no one likes rushed games that clones GTA, not even the NYPD Media Unit would give them any trademark rights for use of their name, so it says PDNY and a little peice of paper disclamer to not be related to NYPD.

I'd go as far to say that both True Crime games were pretty badly made. The controls are so far out of whack that it beggars belief to think that someone would play this game for more than a hour before giving up. All the neat car tricks, the precision shooting, various other aspects like catching criminals are all pretty badly handled. Nothing says 'no fun' like trying to pull all these car tricks only to end up flying backwards into oncoming traffic. Someone should have hired Rockstar into working a few more months on the controller handling alone. And this is ignoring the whole 'no real map' thing that turns a perfectly done sandbox game into 'just follow this to this and admire the blurred scenery' game. And what was the deal with the highways? You could play the whole game without getting onto one. It was essentially pointless and this become very clear when San Andreas came out and kicked all sorts of ass.

And the less said about TC: NYPD, the better. Talk about a wasted opportunity to fix some issues. Instead, the whole thing takes a backseat to the Driver game series.