View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
So if it is meant as a ruse to allow insurance companies to deny claims then wouldnt the public become even more distrustful of insurance companies?
I don't know how much more distrustful people can get of insurance companies. Not much I believe.

Quote:
Wont they then turn to the government option for its cheaper coverage even if they do deny as many claims as the insurance companies? You might as well pay less for the same shitty coverage right?
In the bill it says that you will be forced to purchase products of private insurance companies. I'm sure the option for medicare and medicaid are still there but if you do not qualify for this you will have to buy private insurance.

Quote:
All of this masterminded by the insurance companies to bring down those smug insurance companies... ?
This is a bailout for insurance companies. Forcing people to pay into private insurance company plans is not bring them down. It's actually proping them up. With the assistance of the death / rationing panels they will be able to maximize the number of "customers" while being able to deny even more care than before.

Win / win situation for them.