View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Geocities basically exemplifies the whole internet at that time of my life. There was a certain charm about it that I sort of miss. I was a big fan of all the Jixby + company webring Geocities sites, and I don't remember where I first stumbled upon their stuff but they're the reason I found I-Mock in the first place.

GEOCITIES, EZBOARDS, AND VIDEO GAME CHEAT SITES. I was fucking pumped about video game cheats for a while since my only experience were the odds and ends I would try to remember from those cheat books in the stores. Getting immediate access to all of them for any game at anytime was like a dream come true. I miss getting excited about that kind of thing
i-mockery was originally a series of geocities sites all designed to make people angry, and i maintain it was still at its best back then. we originally found rog's sxe/vegan hate page in the mid 90s searching for bob saget hate pages on altavista. i thought it was hilarious and contributed some pictures as "lordofmalice". boy was i cool back then.

i remember paying $5 at arcades for mortal kombat II move lists back before the internet was out :{