View Single Post
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:37 AM       
I can never tell if people are being ironic in here or not. Pentegarn, you think it's hypocritical that we teach Darwinism in school, but not apply it to our society? This is dumb on so many levels.
When schools teach darwinism it's to describe evolution - there's no subjectivity, no saying whether it's right or wrong. Schools teach about the inquisition too, without endorsing torture and witch hunting.

Also, the whole "let darwinism take its course" argument is just rotten to the core. It implies that we would have a better society if the weaker individuals vanished. I think the biggest reason our world stinks is political and economical malpractice, greed, aggressions etc etc, and in a purely survival-of-the-fittest society such things would thrive and not go away.

And regarding the child in question...you who advocate beating or potentially letting him die (allowing Darwinism to take its course, sigh) is this a typical i-mockery jargon, or do you actually not feel sorry for him? Don't you wish for him proper care and a good home? His problems are probably mainly the result of many horrible experiences during his short life, it's not like those factors will be recorded somehow in his genes.