View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 08:50 AM       
I'm not in the least offended. Humor is completely subjective, and I think I-mocks greatest strength is how much ground we cover. We're like the Beatles of reasonably unknown free comedy writing on the internet.

The reason I-mock is my home base is because more than any other editor I've encountered, RoG lets me be me. Both Cracked and Lampoon at one time or another either editted my stuff in ways I hated to suit their audience, or asked that I write stuff more specifficallly tailored to them. And I'm totally able to do that, but to write tailored stuff that doesn't totally suit me, I want more money. Sometimes I get it, mostly I don't.

I'll say this, in my comedy career I've always pretty much been an acquired taste. The more times you see me or read me, the more you get me. Generally. Or not, in which case, that's fine. I'd still like your money , though, because I'm hungry and my clothes have holes in them.

Also, especially if I wrote something you did like (like the destroyer article) Yyou may find if you look into some of the other stuff I;m talking about, you'll see connections and discover new interests.

Anyway, I think it's cool that Goldenbane read I-mock and thinks about it enough to have made his comment.